[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bel Radar Detector going nuts in BMW

Yep, it's normal.  I posted this to the group a few months ago.  My
detector seems to work normally in the Jeep Cherokee, but loose it's
mind when connected to the '90 325i.  Sometimes I would go out to the
car and find it constantly in laser alert.  Other times I would drive
down the road and it would start blasting false K band alerts.

I called Bel.  They said it was EMI and sent me a "Cap Cord" to
eliminate the problem.  It seems to help, but not eliminate the
problems.

Gary W. Cook			Director of Technical Services
Minicomputer Exchange, Inc.	610 North Pastoria Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA  94086		Email: gary@domain.elided
Tel: 408-733-4400		Fax: 408-733-8009