[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Jingle Bells - the Aussie way

Hi everyone,

Here's a familiar tune for Christmas. . .

- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dashing throught the bush, in a rusty(*) '002,
Kicking up the dust, with a pack of Tooheys Blue,
Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs,
Summer time Downunder, in singlet, shorts and thongs

[chorus]
    Oh!
    Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
    Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day,
    Oh!
    Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time on cue,
    Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty(*) '002.

Engine's getting hot; we dodge the kangaroos,
The swaggie climbs aboard, he is welcome too.
All the family's there, sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way, by the barbecue.

[chorus]

Come the afternoon, Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Arthur are swimming in their clothes,
The time comes 'round to go, we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through before the washing up.

[chorus]

- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm indebted to Aussie '02 enthusiasts David and Sue Burnett
from our Gold Coast Club for faxing these lyrics to us.

David's '02 is a real scorcher. At a recent track day held at
Wakefield Park, (a club circuit at Goulburn in southern NSW),
David took all the honours, including fastest time of the day,
over and above other competition such as 3.0CSL, rhd E30 M3,
M5, ...

We also awarded him the "DCNT Trophy" - "Don't Come Next Time!!"

Note: (*) For real enthusiasts, replace the word "rusty"
with "venerable". Who cares about timing, it's accuracy we're
after here ;-)

On behalf of all BMW enthusiasts on Oz, I'd like to wish you all
a very merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year...

Gary.
- --

#include <Std_Caveats.h>

         D E P A R T M E N T  O F  D E F E N C E
        Defence Science & Technology Organisation

  Contact Details:    Gary.Speechley@domain.elided

  Gary C Speechley         CIS: [100236,2246]
  DSTO Australia           Wk: +61 2 692 1432 ph
  PO Box 44                    +61 2 660 0019 fx
  PYRMONT NSW 2009         Hm: +61 2 570 3870 ph/fx

    o==()()==o   Ask me about BMW Club NSW   o==()()==o