[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wheel interchange E36/E28

> From: "Kent L. Shephard" <kent@domain.elided>
>
> It won't work.
> According to the MOMO and BBS guides the hub center on an E36 is smaller
> than that of the 5,6,7 and E30 M3 cars.
> You  should be able to take tires/rims off any of the later and put
> them on your car but an E36 wont' work as far as I know.
> /*  Kent L. Shephard  ----- K. L. Shephard Consulting                  */

	That sure sucks, after all the other smart moves as far as parts
interchanges BMW has done in the past:
	E30 alloys fit 2002s perfectly for +1 fitments.
	E21 steels fit 2002s OK for +0 fitments and fenderlip massages.
	Bavaria/530i calipers = tiis, 528i calipers and 320 vented rotors
		are a nice upgrade
	320i brakes ~= 2000 sedan brakes, upgrade for 2002 rear shoes
	5/6/7/Bavaria/M3 can all use the same wheels
	seats interchange

	I wonder how much smaller the E36 hub hole is?

					thi v.