[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

nouveau wave

Folks,
I just came from a conference on "distance education". That's where
you learn things without sitting in the same classroom as the teacher
- -- like instructional TV.

OR LIKE US. It turns out that nets like ours are the wave of the
future. This is what they're called in this year's buzzwords:

"On-Demand, Just-In-Time Knowledge Transfer in the Virtual Workplace"

I did not make this up !!!

Which reminds me, to answer a recent query on the net:
BMW does't market a current 4-wheel drive car in North America, in
the 3 series or otherwise. However, the E-30, 325iX was exactly that.
My year is a 1990. I forget if they continued them in 1991.
Not all iXs have the same trim specs. To my mind, the earlier years
were overloaded with luxo items, while starting in 1990 they cut back
to more rational trim such as cloth seats.
In Canada, my 1990 iX sold for a Cdn$5K premium. I don't know US
premium or premium for other years. As I've said before here, I
consider it the ultimate, best-balanced BMW if you're going to do any
northern winter driving, and a joy in the summer too (on/off the
track).  IMHO, of course.
YMMV

- --
Barry Wellman           wellman@domain.elided            8-)