[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

528e Door Locks

An acquaintance (no kidding, it's really not me) just bought an '85 528e.
Knowing I am on this list he asked if I would tap the collective wisdom.  It
is a question I think I have seen come up here before and is, perhaps,
answered in the FAQ.  However, since I am chronically among the uninformed
10% I really do not know how to download the FAQ.  If the answer is therein,
would someone tell me how to get it?

Here goes.  The automatic door locks do not respond when the key is used in
the driver's side lock, but they do respond when the driver's side lock is
manipulated from inside the car.  Some mechanic gave him some technobabble
about an actuator module and gave him a $200 estimate.  Sounds fishy to me.
Anyone have suggestions or comments?  TIA!