[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #101

>>why mess with an aftermarket? The Alpine unit made for BMW can be purchased
through a dealer in Rondel for $325 to $350. Since the car is pre-wired,
installation takes about 2 hours at the most.

Because that same Alpine unit that you are buying for $325 to $350 costs $130
(Alpine 8026).  Much like the same Alpine CD changer costs about $450 versus
the BMW CD changer (made by Alpine) costs $600 to $700 (?).  Saving $200 sounds
VERY ATTRACTIVE to me, especially if I don't mind the hassle of installation.

Armand