[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Suspension and electronic ignition on 2002s

In message dated: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 16:19:49 PST
Stephan Woodward <betatosw@domain.elided> writes:
 >On my recently aquired '73 tii, I have noticed (it's kind of hard not to)
 >that the ride is very harsh. Every little bump rattles through the car,
 >and larger ones are not much fun at all. The scary part is at higher
 >speeds, when you hit a bump it's like the car bounces off of it (instead
 >of absorbing the shock) and jumps a few inches away frrom the line it was
 >traveling on the road. The car I believe has Eibech springs (one in the
 >rear looks like it's saging). And were installed proably about 3 years
 >ago. Do these springs rerally make the suspension that much stiffer?
 >Maybe the shocks need replacing, but I thought that the opposite problem
 >happened when shocks went bad (excessive bouncing and such). The bushing

I have Eibach springs with Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks on my '72 tii (and I
had them on my '73 tii.  I also have 22/19 suspension techniques sway
bars.  This is a nice setup that is a good compromise for road and
track.  The ride is certainly firmer than stock, but there are none of
the control problems you describe.  I would check the shocks.  It
actually sounds like one or more could be frozen.  That could account
for the apparant sagging spring as well.  I would also check all mount
points.  Are your springs properly seated?

 >	I'd like to convert my tii to an electronic ignition system.
 >Bavarian is advertising a Pertronix ignitor for $109.95. This seems to be
 >a basic plug and play instalation, or are there special adjustments
 >involved when installing this system? (I don't have any fancy tools, like
 >a CO2 meter or anything) Would anyone recomend another system? How about
 >MSD ignitions? Has anyone noticed any improvments with these? Bavarian is
 >also advertising on the same page Jacob's Energy Team Coil, that
 >supposedly intensifys the the spark durring high demand times such as
 >cold starting and high RPM's (paraphrased). Again, any noticable
 >difference.  Sorry for all the questions, I couldn't find the answers in
 >the FAQs.

I have the Crane/Allison setup on my tii.  I have not pushed it very
hard, but it is easy to install.  You do not need any special
instruments.  Just the usual.  Proper timing is important.
 >Thanks!
 >
 >'73 2002tii

Hope this helps.

Hank Farber