[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

winter cures

A recent thread here has been how to get gearbox better shifting in
the winter. I've been interested that 3 different netters have
suggested ATF, MTL, or regular motor oil. There was once a learned
disucssion of this, but I don't remember the details. I don't think it
made an FAQ -- it should.

I want to suggest a simple mod -- the Canadian's friend: a block heater.
Low price, and if you have an electric outlet in your garage, just
plug your car in whenever the temp is below freezing. Not only will
you start easier, but you will protect your drive train -- it's almost
as if the system were warmed up instantly.
YMMV
- --
Barry Wellman           wellman@domain.elided            8-)