[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Alpine alarm installation

The 95 BMW 325 series cars (maybe 93 and 94 also) are pre-wired for a factory
alarm system.  The alarm system is made by Alpine.  BMW charges about $700 for
the factory alarm installed.  I was thinking about buying the Alpine alarm from
another store and installing it myself.

First, I thought that it would be a simple plug in-the same way the BMW unit
is.  I called Alpine and tehy said that that is not the case.  They claim that
they made the BMW unit uniquely for BMW and that buying an aftermarket Alpine
unit will not work-even if I change the plugs on the wire harness...  Sounds
like BS to me.

So the question is, can anyone out there say for certain that even if I change
the plug on the wire harness that the Alpine unit will NOT work?  If it DOESN'T
work, then I would have to start finding the correct wires to tap into!  Help!