[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[none]

On Mon, 28 Nov 1994 Michael Stenman wrote:
Subject: 325e modifications

>All 325e owners,
>   We ll wish we had the cabbage for a 325is or an M3, but for whatever
>reason we don't. Did anyone read the latest Roundel about the "Hot Eta"
>done by Metric Mechanic? I have a nice 1985 325e that I have put a Dina
>engine chip in (+25 hp), and fiddled with different rear ends, but
>to run with the big boys it needs some drastic motor work (i.e. light
>flywheel, different cam, larger intake etc.) The one thing the Roundel
>article did not say was how much it cost to have MM get 200 hp and 200 t*lb
>of torque. I would rather rebuild what I have if I can for a reasonable
>amount. Basically if it costs $10 K then I might as well look at a 325i.
>I welcome any wisdom or insight anyone has. Is it worth it to try and cnvert
>the eta to M3 level performance?
>                       Michael Stenman

  If it's going to cost $10k you might as well buy an M3! In the
Northeast, high mileage M3's are going for not too much more than that..
Sell the 325e, drop a 2.5l shortblock into the M3 and go show the
big boys who's the boss!

 IMHO, YMMV and all the other standard disclaimers apply, but hopefully
not BOHICA.

Ron Checca
'90 M3 Street
'88 M3 Track