[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

535i shocks

To all older 535i (E34) owners:

	We are looking at a 1991 535i with 83,000 miles.  We drove it this
weekend, and it seemed 'floaty'.  As we've never driven a newer 5'er before,
and my most recent new BMW drive was the new M3, we're not sure if this is
normal for this car (with stock suspension) or if it needs new shocks.  It
didn't seem nearly as steady as the M3, but I realize it's a heavier car.
	Can I get a reading from the 535i owners out there if this car normally
rides this way, or if we should reduce our offer to accomodate new shocks.
BTW, I don't mean to imply the car rides like my parent's Buick; it is still
solid, just a bit less firm than I was expecting.
	If you could email me direct, that would be helpful, given the time
lag for a digested response, but any and all responses would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Dale Dohler	'74 tii			Internet: dohler@domain.elided
Applied Dynamics International		Phone:    (313) 973-1300
3800 Stone School Road			Fax:	  (313) 668-0012
Ann Arbor, MI  48108			Standard disclaimer