[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Car Delivery

Jai,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the dealer is correct ..

Once your car leaves the VPC (Port Hueneme, not LA) it goes onto a truck

Now, a truck is a Common Carrier .. they *could* track every car, but
it would take TONS of phone calls, etc ..

Trust me .. my car was shipped cross country (for my move, not a purchase)

It took everything but a satellite trace to know *approximately* where
my car is and when it would arrive ..

Think of this, HOW are they supposed to get in touch with the driver
while he is on ther road ??

Depending upon HOW many other dealers (unknown by BMW or *your* dealer)
have cars on the truck, he might have to make five other stops, and
WAIT for the dealers reps to inspect the cars, sign papers, etc

So take it from me (who went nuts waiting for a new M3!)

Relax ;)

Jim