[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: E36 M3 Alarm

Vlasis-

>How good are the E36 alarms and how much did they cost w/ installation at
the
>dealer.

Congrats on the M3, and your selection of colour!  I have the BMW (Alpine)
alarm in *my* cosmos black E36 M3, and aside from the fact that it does not
passively arm, I'm very pleased with it.  I bought it from the dealer with a
15% BMWCCA discount, read the directions for installing it, and decided to
let the dealer put it in (I think they charged 1 hour of labor; if you realy
care I can dig up the receipt the next time I'm at home).

The BMW alarm's main attraction, to me, is that it works the electric door
locks (which my Clifford alarm did *not* do on my E36 325i).  It never
falses, has all the usual features (low current draw, hood protection,
ignition disable, glass-breakage detection, tilt/bump detection, flashing
LED, etc.) and has been very reliable.