[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 5 series interior room

>>Did anybody see that TV Commercial about a Nissan ALTIMA having more interior
>>space than a 5-Series BMW.  Is that a joke or what?
>>
>>------------------------------
>
>        Well, how about the TV commercial about Mazda Protege, which
>claims to have more interior room than a nissan altima and a 5-series bimmer.
>
>        according to the WWW page, 1994 bmw car info shows that
>
>        3 series is sub-compact.
>        5 series is compact.
>        7 series is mid-size.
>
>        so, the commercial is probably true. after all, interior space
>is not everything, or else, everyone would be driving full-size american
>sedans everywhere. :P

I agree with Morison totally. The interior roominess is always a weak point
of most (if not all) Bimmers. The current 5 series is really not much bigger
than the 3's. But I believe this is changing: from what I read the new 740i
is amlost the same size as the old 740iL and the new 5's coming due 1996 will
be significantly roomier than today's 5's.

About the Altima and Protege. Yes, I believe they have a little more room
than our 5's. By the way, do you know the Protege is roomier than Mazada's
new Milliem(sp ?). It is easier to make a economical car roomier, since it
does not need the extra padding (to provid better sound insulation, better
seating...) in a luxury car. The perfect example is the Lexus ES vs Toyota
Camry : the Camry is noticable roomier than the ES although they are basically
the same cars.

Julian