[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Interior Space comparisons

          It is not so surprising that the Mazda Protege may have more
          interior space than the 5-series.

          After all, rear-wheel drive takes a good toll on interior space.
          Same thing for sophisticated suspensions that deliver both good
          ride AND handling (a la BMW and Mercedes).  Keep in mind that for
          the upcoming (to the US) Compact, BMW had to use a less
          sophisticated rear suspension than on the "normal" E36, in order
          to save space for rear seat room and trunk capacity.  At the same
          time, I would bet the Protege does not even come close to BMW
          ride or handling quality.

          BTW, haven't I heard that Mercedes is coming out soon with a
          minivan for the space-starved customer ?  Will we be also seeing
          BMW minivans (sounds like an oxymoron) in the future ?