[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 CD Changer & Alarm

<<Are you saying that the "pre-wired" wiring for the CD changer will NOT let
me
connect an new Alpine CD Changer?  But it will connect a BMW (made by Alpine)
CD changer???

Also, does anyone know how well written is the service manual for the E36s???
I'm planning on installing my own alarm system and would need to know the
wiring schematics and also know what color wire does what...>>

Armand:

If your E36 is pre-wired for CD Changer (all E36 models after mid 93
production) then yes, only the unit made for BMW, either Alpine or Pioneer,
will work with the factory cable. And yes, they did it on purpose. The basic
installation is not much trouble.

As for the alarm, if your car is pre-wired for alarm, the procedure requires
only average skill and should take less than 2 hours to install. I've done
both the CD and Alarm. Mine wasn't pre-wired for CD. If you have any
questions, let me know.

Regards,
Jeff
93 318iS