[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Carbs

*My question: Is this a fixable problem?  If not, what should I replace
*the carbs with?  Used Webber 40's or 45's, Mikuni 40's or 44's, can I use
*existing linkage or manifold w/ any of these?

fixable, but only with some machinist time.  unlike webers, where
the brass bushings may be replaced, the throttle shaft in most
solexes ride directly in the carb throttle body.  this is the leading
killer of solexes.

most any 40mm dual sidedraft may be interchanged fairly easily; Webers
have the cachet, but Dell'ortos work well and are cheaper and less
fussy.  Mikunis are a good carb, as are SK racing carbs (the SK also
take weber jets, which some people consider a big win.)

i would probably not increase from 40 to 44 or 45 in a daily driver;
you will have to do some fooling around with the tuning, and will
end up with more top end HP and less mid-range torque.

richard