[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Auto Repair WWW

Jimmy-
Sorry! Didn't realize that a reponse was required, but I went and
looked at this site right away.  I have been having arguments about my
SO's 89 Honda Accord seatbelts with the dealership since new.  I went
to this site, requested the full report on a recall notice, took
copies of service requests, illustrated that it still wasn't replaced
as the recall and my requests required , and made several calls to the
regional rep. (the car now has 160K miles).  Meanwhile, I also took
advantage of the other notices on the car. Happy ending: $1200 to the
dealership later, the Honda has new seatbelts and a number of other
repairs.  Thank you for the reference!  Although I can't take
advantage of this list for any of the other cars, I believe the $10 or
so that it took to get the notices was worth it.  I think it would be
a good idea that if someone can request this information as a normal
part of their automotive business and post it on the FAQs, everyone
would benefit.  I talked to the club officers about subscribing to the
service, but we have a regional tech. rep. in the chapter that
receives all the notices and I was shot down (shame too, I never see
these notices and thought that as the editor it would be smart to have
a small area dedicated to notifying ownership of potential problems).
It is a good idea, hope someone agrees enough to try it.
Brian
BTW, has anybody else heard that dealerships are no longer delivering
E36 manual transmission cars to owners due to the recall?  2 of our
Board members have had there M3 deliveries held up (cars are on the
lot, they just can't have them).  This is the kind of issue that would
have been perfect for a chapter newsletter or for the list. -b