[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

How good are Michelin TRX's?

I have a '88 635CSi and as everyone knows, the older 5- and 6- series
(E24 and E28) came with 390mm rims shod with TRX's.  My question is,
exactly how good a tire is the TRX?  I know that the tread design is
probably pretty ancient, but they do a decent job on my 6.  Sometimes
when I take a corner slightly quicker or come around a bend, the tires
seem to handle the stresses pretty well.  The sidewalls on the 220/55/390
tires aren't exactly short, but they do a reasonably good job.  I'm
thinking of buying a set of 17" wheels for the summer next year and am
probably getting rid of a set of the rims, but I'd love some comments
from everyone on their opinions on the TRX doughnuts.

		* Roy Kao - e0ewqbwu@domain.elided *
		*    '88 BMW 635CSi  '93 VW Corrado VR6	   *
		*     "Why fly when you can DRIVE?...."    *