[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: bmw-digest V2 #44

On the Temp Gauge moving around asked by
  "Moazzam A. Mekan LA1IN 38092" <MMEKAN@domain.elided>

I have a 85 535i, after changing the coolant I also noticed the gauge seem
to move around more often than before (depending on the driving conditions)
Before the change the needle was usually straight up (I don't have a middle
marker liek the '87). I used the BMW coolant and didn't change anything else
on the cooling system (maybe I should have) but looks like the old coolant
dosen't take a lot to tempreture variations.

Another thing, when squeezing the top hose connected to the radiator I can
still feel air inside but unlike before the change I feel water spalshing

(blub blub sound) on the hose connection, looks like there are less air...

Anyway.. was the same brand cooland used, did you get all the air out (I
you have to). I would guess that this moving around is normal as long the
needle goes around in both directions.!

Last week end I drove it to washington DC and New York from Cincinnati Ohio
just around 1500 miles except for the fre@#$@# 55 mile limit on the NJ turnpike
should I be happy to get 25 MPG with five people and a filled up truck
going mostly 60-65 mph. I get 27 MPG during the daily highway commute 50-70mph?

Ash
'85 535i 114k  - the heater is just like I heard 'hot'