[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problem resetting service light

I'm not having any luck resetting the Oil Service light on my '93 318is.  I
followed the instructions according to the BMW General FAQ on the BMW
Information WWW site (http://cbsgi1.bu.edu/bmw/bmw.html.)  Briefly what it
says is:

>The proper way to do this is to have the ignition off and place a jumper wire
>between pins 7 and 19 (make sure you get the right pins!). Then turn the
>ignition switch to position 2 (run, NOT start), when the service light goes
>out, turn the ignition off.

It does not mention how long this should take.  I have left it on for a
minute or two and the Oil Service light continues to stare back at me.  I
expected it to be fairly quick. I've triple checked my connections and that
I'm on the right pins.  Does it just take a LONG time or is there some
other problem?  Any help greatly appreciated.