[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Is this a 2002Ti Engine?

Hi,

I could use the information resources of all of you to help me
track down the origin of an engine I am considering purchasing.
I have located someone selling an engine that could possibly be from
a 2002 Ti.  It has the right intake system on it, ect.  Here's what
he told me over the phone.

He bought an entire shop full of 2002 stuff, this engine was part of
the deal.  He's never heard it run, it was already removed.

It has a 121Ti head, this should indicate its a 2002, not a 1800Ti right?

The block number reads 1101192.  If this number is suposed to match the VIN
number, I don't think its from a 2002Ti, which I thought started with 16 not 11.
There is also a part number on the block, (# 12102100020)

There are also stampings that read "66" on both the block and the head.  Does
this mean it was built in 1966?  Which is to early for a 2002Ti, right?

Based upon this info.   Does anyone know if this is truely a 2002Ti engine
or is it a 2000CSi engine?  If it is a 2000 series engine how do they differ
from a 70 2002Ti?  I am restoring a 1970 2002Ti and want to get things as close
to original as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help in this mystery.  Thanks also to Colin Brace
and Ware for helping me find this rare engine.

Steve
70 2002Ti