[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 stuff

*I have a '74 2002 with what I believe to be a 32/36 weber on it.  Whatever
*the number, it is a dual barrel.  The primary barrel runs great but the
*second has some problems.
*Now it is a problem again and I turn to all of you 2002 wizards for advice.
*Can I do anyhting about it?  I can't afford a new carburator on my budget.

well, assuming that you haven't damaged the carb (i'm not all that
familiar with the 32/36 DGV), Webers in general are infinitely
rebuildable, and rebuild kits don't cost that much.  there is even
an article in the current _Grassroots Motorsports_ (a magazine that
i have generally mixed feelings about) on rebuilding a 32/36 DGV
for an ITB 2002 application.  it's not really very detailed; better
to find a decent Weber book like Braden or Passini (sp?).  the Haynes
Weber book is ok too.

the only issue that can interfere with rebuilding a Weber is excessive
wear on the throttle shaft bushing; this bushing can be replaced if
necessary, but it does drive up the cost of a rebuild.

cheers,
  richard