[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reading digests...

Filippo Morelli <bilge@domain.elided> wrote:
> In the meantime, anyone know of a parser that can "un-digest" the digest
> mail on the receiving end so it ends up looking like the individual
> messages that really exist? If not, I see a small software project in
> my future...

I've been using the procmail package for quite some time.  It is
primarily a mail sorter which can put mail in various "folders" using
user-defined sorting criteria.  It also includes the utility "formail"
which can be used to split up mail files and undigest digest files.
Check to see it it's available on your system (you might be
surprised).  If not, it's available via anonymous FTP, though I can't
recall where I got it.  It works far better and more reliably than
elm's "filter" package.  I can post the bmw-list section of my
".procmailrc" file if there's interest.

Brett

- --
Brett Borowski                                brett@domain.elided