[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Hella Vision Euro headlamp conversion

>I just installed Hella Vision Euro headlamps on my
>'85 325e......

>Activation of the high beams blew both 7.5 Amp high-beam
>fuses (the #1 and #2 fuses)...........

>.....if I get wild now and install the
>optional 55W/100W H4's and 100W H1's, will the stock
>headlamp relays handle the current?...........

Wow, Deja Vu!  I once had a '85 325e and I installed the same headlights.
The fuses blew for me as well.  I put in larger ones (can't remember
exactly what rating.)  I also put in the 100W H1's and it worked flawlessly
for years.  The lights were really awesome.  People constantly commented
about how bright they were, and I felt quite safe driving behind them.

- --
| Jimmy Shrake               || All statements, opinions and        |
| jim@domain.elided || information are my own and are not  |
| AppleLink: SHRAKE.J2       || necessarily those of Apple Computer.|