[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #21

> > I've got a brake fluid reservoir cap with a screw-in (i.e. metal)
> > tire valve in it. I use a small compressor to pressurize the
> > reservoir to about 20 psi and let that pressure purge the lines of
> > the old fluid and replace it with new.
> Can the stock plastic reservoir stand that much pressure? Or does that
> have to be changed too. Also, does this work with ABS? Thanks.

Sure, no problem.  British car owners will recognize this as the
infamous Eezi-Bleed, which is available from a number of suppliers.
Turns brake bleeding into a one-person chore!  Be careful to not let
the brake fluid reservoir run dry, though.  I think that 20psi is a
little high because you run too high a risk of running out of fluid
in the brake reservior... can you say start all over again?  BTW, the
actual Eezi-bleed uses one of your tires as the air pressure source.

Eric Olson
'74 BMW 2002
'80 Triumph Spitfire