[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Rust Removal

          Randy Hasson makes a good point: Oxy-Solv will not do much on deep,
          embedded rust. The correct repair in that situation would be new
          metal. Yes, Oxy-Solv is a trifle pricey, but: it is resueable, I've
          been working on the same gallon for 10 years now. Small pieces I
          dip, on panels, etc., I buy a cheap 1" paint brush & give it a few
          coats. Did this on my MGB 10 years ago, my 3.0s in 1990, haven't
          had any reoccurance of rust, and these were both lifetime New
          England cars when I got them. My recommendation would be to only
          buy the gallon size.

          Colin

          bracec@domain.elided