[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 tii

Hi,

I'm new to this list, but wonder if anyone can give me some info.
I dragged a 2002 out of a field last year and started to use it as
a daily car and have been really impressed with reliability and
engineering on the car. My other daily car is a Triumph TR4a which
breaks down readily. The only failure of the 2002 has been loss of
the gearbox output spline, which I know is an early design weakness.
I've decided I want to buy another 2002, a round rear light tii I hope.
My questions concern reliability; is the injected engine (especially
a 20 year old injected engine) likely to be reliable? are they big
trouble? Secondly what is the fuel economy like? can I expect 25+ mpg?
Any or all information, or pointers to where i can find any info
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Lacey

Presently living in Switzerland, but from the UK.