[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

320i shimmy

>        This is a question in reference to one posted recently about front
>strut bearings.  I have an '81 320i that seems to "shimmy" just like the car
>mentioned in the referred post.  Does my car have these bearings? I have had
>the front and rear brakes replaced, new front rotors, new front wheel
>bearings,
>new front rubber brake lines, aligned and balanced the car to death and
>*still*
>have a "shimmy"....What to do, what to do....(p.s.-new lower control arms,
>too!)

As far as I can tell "they *all* do that".
There was a thread on the list a while back about this and that was sort
of the conclusion.
Someone had better luck changing tires, and all the things you mentioned
*helped* but at around 40-60 mph (somewhere in there) the shimmy shows
up.

I just make sure I drive faster than that :)
But Officer! I *have* to drive at 90 mph! otherwise I get this wiggly feeling
in my steering wheel..

chris
'81 320i

- --
Chris Pawlowicz               Ottawa Canada
aa695@domain.elided    (home)
chrisp@domain.elided       (work)