[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

gas smell

Chris,

I was having gas smell probs. with my car ('77 530i) until
I replaced all of the fuel lines (hoses) going to/from the main
tank, fuel pump, & expansion tank. The problem was especially
noticable when driving with the drivers window open. The engine
missing may/maynot be related to the fuel odor problem. Try and
get it properly diagnosed before shelling out $'s for something
that maynot solve the problem.

Could be that you have a crankcase vent. problem that can cause
poor (rough) idle.

Also, make sure the tank doesn't have a rust hole in it somewhere -
they were prone to this.

Rock Taber