[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Check Engine is lit

>Yesterday, the "Check Engine" warning light in my '92 325i lit up while I
was
>on the free way.  I checked the manual. But it was of little help since it
>only said something was wrong with the emission control and to bring it in
>the dealer.  Is this a normal-wear defect for a 2 year old car with 26K
miles?

My '93 325is (23k miles) has been doing the same thing. I noticed that the
climate control would shut down when "Check Engine" was lit. A/C and rear
defroster LEDs would go out and fan would spool down.  Also, (this is wierd),
if at night, the headlights would get momentarily brighter until the warning
turned off.  First time the dealer replaced the climate control computer and
this fixed it for a while.  Doing it again now and I'm going in Wed for
further diagnosis. I'll mention Jim's advice about the gas pedal and see if
that helps find the root cause.

John