[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Check Engine is lit

>>Joseph Nguyen writes:

 Joseph> Yesterday, the "Check Engine" warning light in my '92 325i
 Joseph> lit up while I was on the free way.  I checked the
 Joseph> manual. But it was of little help since it only said
 Joseph> something was wrong with the emission control and to bring it
 Joseph> in to the dealer.  Is this a normal-wear defect for a 2 year
 Joseph> old car with 26K miles?  The only different thing that I did
 Joseph> was using Citgo Super Premium Unleaded (93 Octane, Pure gas).
 Joseph> I normally use Shell or Mobil Supre Premium gas.

 Joseph> Any comments before I bring this car in?

	I've had this same thing on mine - the dealer did something
	(under warrenty) which fixed it.  Nothing major and nothing
	to be alarmed about - just annoyance.  I don't remember what
	he did exactly - might have been an adjustment.  Take it to
	the dealer and they'll fix it.

							- Mustie

- --
"We hold that each man is the best judge of his own interest."  --
 John Adams

- --
Mustafizur Rahman                   Internet: rahman@domain.elided
Project Pilgrim                               rahman@domain.elided
Department of Computer Science         Phone: (413) 545-4701
A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center   Fax: (413) 545-1249
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003