[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ix stuff

Answers to 2 Qs on the net.

1. Yes, the iX is full time AWD, I think with a 40-60 bias. It has a
slightly wider turning radius IMHO but does everything else better
(IMO) except accelerate -- slight weight penalty. It cost me C$5K more
than a regular 325 when I bought it so if you bought one at the same
price as a regular one, you got a bargain -- especially in winter & on
the track (go deeper, safer into corners).

2. Re snows for iXs, in Toronto I have run all-season Uniroyal Euro 340s
(they came with the new car) happily through snow banks, ice, etc. I
live in the heart of the city, so this is mostly low speed stuff as we
do plow our expressways. I'm sure snows would be better, but I
wouldn't go out searching for them if you have decent all-seasons. Now,
you non-iX folks, ...

Cheers,
Barry Wellman