[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fram oil filters for BMWs...

In my previous post, I made mention of using a Fram oil filter on my BMW and
have received a number of requests for the part number since it appears Fram
doesn't intentionally make any filters for BMWs.

So here's the scoop: The car is a '78 530i, the filter part number is HP-2
and it's attached to the spin-on adapater I purchased from Korman nearly a
decade ago.  This is a much nicer arrangement than the canister setup used
by the factory and I recommend it highly (the filter is a high-performance
design for American V8 racing engines and it's readily available, if a bit
pricey -- $9 each -- at my local drag racer supply store).

Ironically, the reason I switched to this arrangement was because I used to
regularly pinch the O-ring between the canister and its mount, and ended up
spraying oil everywhere more often than I liked.  The more things change...

              [ E-Mail: AudiDudi@domain.elided  |||  BTCC in 1995! ]