[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2002 carb Q

> I replaced the dual Solex on my '73 2002 with a 32/36DGV Weber.
> Performance definitely went up but I don't have any numbers.

> > Next, I know the Weber dual carb is supposed to be a good upgrade but
> > I've had conflicting reports as to the effects on the performance changes
> > over the PDSIT Solex carb.  Has anyone done this particular upgrade?  I'm
> > sure going from the onebarrel to the dual Weber carb is good, but from
> > one twobarrel to another?
> >
> > Send me your wisdom bimmernetters
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris
> > '74 2002 TI
> > ''71 2002 suspensionally challenged

Well, three things make the Weber easier a better.
1: direct secondary provides more crisp response as you tromp on
the gas pedal.  The Solex has a vacuum operated secondary, so it's
slower to progress by nature.  So throttle response is better.
2: you jet it (usually) without respect to emissions, so its jetting is
better than the Solex anyway. Generally.
3: the Solex is a 32/32, the Weber is a 32/36 so its performance would
be better, all things being equal otherwise, b/c of the larger secondary.
About 25% larger, in fact.

     thi v., whose for-sale 2002 has
     a nice Weber :)