[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Shift Linkage

I have a feeling this message got lost in the shuffle since I have not seen
it appear in the digest, so I will ask again.

Can anyone advise on tightening up the shift linkage in my '81 320i?  It is
getting loose enough that I sometimes bump the plastic flange surrounding the
shift lever because the throw is getting so long.  I have heard/read that
rejuvenating this linkage is no big deal, but never have seen the specifics.
Do I have to get a kit that my local BMW dealer undoubtedly will never have
heard of, or is there an easier/cheaper way?

Thanks in advance.

JAY.UNWIN@domain.elided
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, Michigan