[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hand wash places around DC?

Well, it's me again. I try to wash my car every week, but don't always
have the time to do so. I prefer to have my car hand washed over
machine washed, since the machines can't "scrub" off the tough dirt
stains from the paint. I was up around Boston/Cambridge this past
summer, and there was this guy who hand washed cars in the underground
garage of Cambridgeside Mall (?) while his customers went shopping. It
cost something in the neighborhood of $18. He did a _very_ good job,
and I was wondering if anyone knew of any inexpensive places where I
could get my car hand washed in-and-around DC. (Well, I live in Rockville, MD,
so somewhere closer to where I live would be nice).

BTW, anyone know if that Simoniz polysealant stuff that some machine
wash places use interferes with Zymol on the car? It seems like it'd
just be cheaper for me to go with the whole shebang rather than getting
a regular wash and adding on wheel brightener, tire-protectant, et al.

Any help and advice is appreciated...(other then: "well, _make_ time to
wash your own damn car every week..." ;))

Dave
'95 //M3