[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

5-speed in an auto 2002-update

Well, most of you heard me vent in my last message, but I also wanted
to relate that for every dark path, there is light at the end of the
tunnel.
I ended up buying a new 5-speed rather than rebuild or buy from Metric
Mechanic or Jim Blanton.
But what do I do with the 5-speed less 2nd gear?!  Well, Mark O'Neill
(sold me the trans) and Pat McHenry (shop owner that indicated its
condition to Mark) of Colorado agreed to refund my money and to pay
for shipping to have it returned.  It's people like this that make
owning a BMW worthwhile and being a club member indispensible!  I
don't know how many members of the CCA know these two, but I just
wanted express my gratitude and hope the word gets out (I'll by them a
round at O'fest 95).
It won't be cheap, but the car will have almost everything I could ask
for (LSD and Tii motor left to do).  Heck, mechanically its a better
than new :)  TIA for your patience, understanding, and assistance!
I'll be at the Lotus West school at Irvine Meadows this weekend, so
if any of you are going - look me up. Brian.Foster@domain.elided