[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CHEVRON TECHRON

A year or two ago, I heard that BMW said not to run Techron AND premium
unleaded at the same time because most premium gas already has a healthy dose
of cleaner in it.  So, does this mean I have to run a tank of regular
unleaded with a bottle of Techron?

I think my 533i's owner's manual says to run premium unleaded only.

There is also the problem of some brands of gas now running the same premium
unleaded fuel system/intake valve/combustion chamber cleaner addtive pkg in
the regular grades.

Interesting to note that AMOCO with its "clear" premium unleaded is still
running "orange" regular unleaded.  Jeez, why can't they clean up the regular
as well for my 1976 Volvo or does it cost them more to do that?