[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 TI carburettor question

Hey out there in BMW land.  I have a question.....

I have a '74 2002 with the Solex PDSIT dual carburettor, including the
&^%&ing water choke.  I've been having problems starting the car when it
is cold and the last time I pulled out the spark plugs and they were bone
dry.  So assuming it was running rather lean, I stuffed a sock down the
throat of the carb, started for a second then choked out (surprise!)
Well, after that it started up fine.  Well, what can I do?  I've tried
cleaning out the fuel system with a bottle of Techron.  No appreciable
effects.  Any advice is certainly appreciated (although I won't be
parting the car out.....teeheee ;)

Next, I know the Weber dual carb is supposed to be a good upgrade but
I've had conflicting reports as to the effects on the performance changes
over the PDSIT Solex carb.  Has anyone done this particular upgrade?  I'm
sure going from the onebarrel to the dual Weber carb is good, but from
one twobarrel to another?

Send me your wisdom bimmernetters

Thanks,
Chris