[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HELP: Temp. sensor

Hi, I just joined the list and wondered whether anyone out there might
be able to help me with a problem.  After extensive diagnosis of a
rough idleling (and starting and other) problems, I discovered a broken
connection between one of the leads to the Coolant Temperature Sensor
on my 528e.  The wire which was broken was between a resistor and the
sensor.  When I went to resolder the connection, the resistor fell off
and disappeared!  I reconnected the lead without the resistor and my
bimmer runs fine except for two things:  1.  when cold, the engine
occasionally surges when I depress the clutch; 2. I assume that the
resistor was there to modify the information sent to the Motronic
unit as a function of the coolant temperature--a possible modification
for the chilly climate of Maine.  Can anyone tell me what the proper
value for this resistor should be?  Thanks in advance.  jim
P.S.  It's a 1982 (runs great).