Re: [bmw] Bangle out??

----- Original Message -----
From: "peter cain" <cain@domain.elided>

> I went to the local BMW dealer this morning to try out an E46 M3
> (subject of another post) and the salesman said that Chris Bangle had
> been "kicked upstairs" about 3 weeks ago. Anyone heard this too, or
> could it be wishful thinking?

From www.autoweek.com Feb. 04, 2004:

"BMW reorganizes design houses, van Hooydonk takes over at BMW autos

"Chris Bangle, the oft maligned maestro of BMW design, has been
officially kicked upstairs to Director of BMW Group Design, and will
oversee a reorganized set of design departments including Mini and
Rolls-Royce."

Search for "Chris Bangle" at the Autoweek site for the complete article.

It actually appears as though he has been PROMOTED and is now
in charge of MORE than he used to be.  Just what we need -- not!

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner