Re: [bmw] All points bulletin for 1988 528 driver's seat

Yikes!,

A 1988 and they are not stocked. Scary. You can buy littereally ANY part for any post WWII Mercedes Benz car. Some weird stuff has to be ordered from a central warehouse but they even stock interior components for my 1982 vintage car.

As for where to get your seat. Try "Alpharetta Autoparts" in Alpharetta Ga. They specialize in junked BMW's and Honda cars. Im sure they probably have a lot of older 5's.

Robert Chase

Tom Borden wrote:

Back right upright buckled some time ago and temporary replacement rods I'd
strapped in are giving way.  It's time to replace. Dealer says top rear of
driver's seat goes for $400 -- and they're no longer carried in BMW stock.

Anybody happen to have a seat back or entire seat (oatmeal/beige captain's
chair preferred, but will take any color non-captain's as well).

Know anybody who might have same?

Many thanks.

Tom Borden

THOMAS BORDEN  |  CONSULTANT | MEDIA & MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
23 ESSEX ROAD, ESSEX FELLS, NJ   07021 | ph/fax: 973.228.5092  |
<mailto:teborden@domain.elided> te.borden@domain.elided