[bmw] 1986 bmw 535i assessment

Richard,
Just my 2 cents worth.  First, I make it a practice to never "sell" vehicles
to friends or family members, unless it is for a drastically reduced price.  I
sold a fantastic no rust high mileage 1982 528e to my sister last year for a
dollar, since she needed a car, and I was just being a nice guy.  Turns out
after 6 months she needed to put over $1200 in maintainance into the car, and
I am so glad that it did not become a point of tension between us.  She still
loves the car, as it is her first bimmer, and I think she is hooked for life.
Second, I agree with the feedback from the others, the price seems too high
for the condition of the vehicle.   Personally I would check out Ebay and find
a well maintained vehicle that you REALLY want.  I have purchased all four of
my current vehicles off of Ebay in the past couple of years, and have been
very satisfied.  Paying $500 dollars to ship a car to me is worth it if I can
avoid $1500 dollars in maintainance to get a car into shape.
Last, I just want to thank you for your faithful adminstration of this list,
and I appreciate your commitment to keeping this digest going forward.  Cheers
to you!
Steve Block
Warsaw, Indiana
1988 M6 and assorted fond memories of bimmers now gone.
BMWCCA 190927