[bmw] re: //M3 front tires

re: //M3 front tires:

On my E36 //M3 I chose to keep the stock rim sizes to keep the rotating and unsprung mass down, and currently use the 245/35x17 (confirm password, yes 245/35x17) Goodyear F1. If you want, you can space them outward up to 3/4 inch. There is no clearance problem on lowered cars and the footprint, steering response and turn in this tire and this size give look great and are ideal for street performance.
Save your money and forget the 18's. Beside being faster on 17s, the initial wheel and later recurring tire replacements costs are much higher. The 245/35 is also less expensive than the 235/40 and 245/40 sizes.

Barry