[bmw] wheel and tire sizes

I would like to order some wheels for my 1995 M3 that are 18x8.5. My car is lowered about an inch all aroound with h&r springs. I also want that wide look on the tires What size tire would you recommend or what's the biggest tire size i can go with before I start to get the tires rubbing on the fender? I am not sure how to read tire sizes but would 235/35 18 be wider than the 225/40 18? If the tires begin to rub is there anywhere in the atlanta georgia area that you can recommend that can roll the fenders?

thanks in advance