[bmw] Re: E34 (M5, but probably any E34) Airbag sensor/warning question

I have an E34 M5 on which I replaced the the factory steering wheel with one
from an E36 M3.  Its a smaller diamter, and feels better.

The wire harness didn't match, but it was easy to figure out.  The problem is
that after a few weeks, the airbag sensor idiot light has taken to flashing
on and off, randomly, and sometimes stays on.

Do I need a new part in the steering wheel interface, or to lube something
perhaps?  Any suggestions?

Alex Lipowich
91 Z1
91 M5