Re: [bmw] E46 + iPod

Hmmm,

There are two ways to do this. You can use the CD changer's audio path to the radio as an audio path for your Ipod or you can use an Itrip or a more powerful hard wired FM modulator. In a number of cars I have sucessfully used a cassette adapter as well. The CD changer audio in would probably be the best route but you would need something to "fool" the Head unit into thinking that the Changer was working correctly. I have a friend with a 99 328 that wants to do the same thing so if you find out another way other than the FM modulator post it to the list ;)

I would suggest making a big deal about it with the dealership and presenting the claim that the Mercedes dealership you talked to said "oh no problem we can install that for you". The dealership has the resources to find out if they think its going to cost them a sale. The audio path exists they just have to find a way to make the radio think the CD changer works. Its probably buried somewhere in the "programming" that the car has.

Robert Chase

MBrown1003@domain.elided wrote:

Hi, all.

My boss has an E46 on order and wants to be able to plug his iPod into the stereo. Is the "Aux" jack standard? Is there something special he needs to order to get the jack? Where is it located?

Thx!

=> Mitch
('02 BMW M5 / '03 GTI GLX)