[bmw] 92 525i hard to start

hi,
i'd like to know if someone could help me with the problem my car currently has:

- a few weeks ago motronic flashing the code 1262 (Ron B. and other listers had told me it was idle speed actuactor, THANKS !!!)
it does not flash that code anymore, but instead now flashing the code 1264 which is EGO heater according to the motronic fault code table.
car right now is very hard to get it started (sometimes more than 8 or 9 cranks) and then once it starts the engine stalls after 3-4 minutes while driving.
could anyone please tell me what the EGO heater is, and if it has anything to do with the difficult start?

thank you for your help/any pointers.

regards,
pn