[bmw] E34 Choked heater inlet??

My E34 touring 1996 has sod all airflow through
the heater matrix.  Best is a dribble of tepid air on full fan.
It struggles to clear the screen and I am bathed in
hot air even at full fan temp max.  I must have all to screen
or all to cabin at face level to feel anything.
Waste of time to the feet!

Most noticeable this weather after going out in hers which
floods the car with hot air (no surprise there!!!) on medium
fan off the max temp.

Any ideas how to get the inlet baffle, in case its
not fully open?

Is it more likely to be a blocked heater/chillier matrix?
Mine has air con.

Yours frozen
Garry
Manchester